Certified Linux Engineer and Sysadmin with over ten years of experience in IT systems
administration, including Windows workstations and servers, virtualization, network, monitoring, Oracle DB, IT
security, WordPress, IT support and consulting. Essential skills and technologies in my portfolio are Linux,
Ansible, shell scripting, and system administration.
I am interested to learn and master with hands-on experience Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud-Ops (AWS or Azure),
Terraform, and automation. Except for this geeky stuff, I am a big fan of table tennis, chess, and movies, mostly
horror, and fantasy.
SAP/CallidusCloud | Serbia | DevOps Engineer (fellowship program) | 01-2023 → now
Expectations & Tasks:
- Help with the migration of the application to BTP and GCP
- Work on improving the pipeline-based deployment and infrastructure automation
- Help implement monitoring and diagnostics tools
- Be part of a Scrum team, working on multiple tools
- Documentation of work items and training of team members and other involved parties
- Support developers in their daily problems
- Maintain environments on the Kubernetes platform
Technologies and principles to master and use:
- GCP, BTP, and Kyma
- Tomcat, RabbitMQ, Hazelcast, SAP HANA DB, SAP HANA cloud
- Principles of zero downtime deployment and zero downtime operation of the application
- Use & operate Kubernetes deployments (Docker, K8s, Istio)
- Jenkins, Gradle, integration of multiple testing and security tools into the build pipeline
- Integration with/into IT Service Management Processes (Incident, Change process, etc.)
SAP/CallidusCloud | Serbia | Linux System Engineer | 08-2018 → now (>4y)
Member of the SysOps team, responsible for detecting and troubleshooting all kinds of problems on the Linux
servers, updates and upgrades, HA, providing solutions for improvements, and much more.
I mainly worked with: Red Hat, SLES, VMware, Ansible, HAProxy, postfix clusters, and shell scripting (bash).
I primarily worked with: Red Hat, SLES, VMware, Ansible, Git, HAProxy, postfix clusters, and shell scripting.
- Linux system administration, security hardening, and application support on ~10k servers
- Report Security Patch compliance
- Review system and application logs to identify possible issues and provide solutions.
- Shell scripting, writing Ansible playbooks
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Performance tuning, system, and security monitoring and troubleshooting
- Running projects and working with other teams on ongoing tasks
- Participating in on-call schedule, and communication with impacted constituencies
LOGIT/Agremo | Serbia | System Engineer | 05-2015 -> 08-2018 (~3y)
I was the only systems-related guy in the company, responsible for local users and workstations, company
production, and test environment including Linux and databases, complete network setup, IT security, e-mail
administration, writing procedures and manuals for future usage, and much more.
Mainly worked with: CentOS, Ubuntu, Windows, Oracle DB, VMware, pfSense, MikroTik, shell scripting, WordPress,
and GSuite (now Google Workspace).
- Installation, system administration, and monitoring of ~100 Linux servers
- Configured (from zero) production environment (Hetzner.com, ~50 VM and bare-metal servers)
- DBA for ~30 Oracle databases and web services, both testing and production databases
- Creating and implementing backup strategies for systems and databases
- Set up monitoring and alerting with Icinga.
- Complete system and infrastructure setup and administration for the company users
- Setting up services for larger clients
- Automating procedures, purchasing hardware and software
- IT consulting for external clients
- Email and websites administration
Intermarché/Interex | Serbia, BiH, Romania | IT System Specialist | 06-2007 -> 05-2015 (~8y)
My first official IT job. I started in the company as a member of the system administration team responsible
for the regular operation of Interex supermarkets and HQ in Serbia - but finished as the last one…before moving
to the development team responsible for the Balkans area and G.O.L.D ERP.
Well, I worked in a company almost all related to IT, it’s not for short lines… Mainly worked with: CentOS,
Oracle DB, VMware, Hyper-V, GSuite, POS equipment, WordPress, Windows XP/Vista/7/2003/2008, MS Office, and
- System administration, setup, and IT support for the (~200 users)
- Linux and Windows Server system administration (~30 Linux and 5 Windows servers)
- Involved in Oracle DBA, backup and recovery, PL/SQL, and tunning
- Set up external equipment for users: POS, cash registers, PDA, printers, scanners, etc.
- Remote IT support for users in Serbia, BiH, and Romania
- Providing IT training for non-IT employees in HQ and supermarkets
- Involved in negotiations and purchasing of PC and POS assets
- Open Source software implementation to replace commercial software (own initiative)
- Many other IT tasks related to business, retail, and regular work
- Providing help with video surveillance system and their installation
- Managing antivirus software over a centralized console (ESET and F-Secure).
- Creating many kinds of analytic reports for top management by using PL/SQL
- Complete G.O.L.D. ERP administration for Serbia, BiH, and Romania (~2000 users)
- Email administration, the first level of support for Google Apps
- Created company website (for Interex Serbia)
- Bash scripting
- SAP/CallidusCloud: Mass implementation of OSSEC, Spacewalk to Ansible patching migration
- LOGIT: Backup implementation for critical services, Virtualization of old equipment
- CDE S Interex: Replacement of commercial software with Open Source
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATES
- High Railway School “Belgrade”, 2001 / Mechanical Engineer of Railway Mechanics
- Red Hat Certified Administrator (RHCSA)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator (LFCS)
- Living in Barajevo (Belgrade, Serbia, Europe, VPN/SSH/RDP)
- English: speaking, listening, and writing
- Passionate amateur table tennis player, chess fan, and filmophile (horror, fantasy, and sci-fi fan)
- Father of two, full-stack husband
- Have own blog, Kompjuteras.com, with IT tutorials, reviews, and some non-IT considerations
- I have worked as a freelancer, mainly with WordPress and system administration
- Sincere, open-minded, love diversity, hate patterns (except in scripting)
- For the reference check, please feel free to notify me, and I will send you related contacts of former colleagues who managed me
directly in my previous companies